“‘Now She Wanna Lick My Plum’: Azealia Banks and the Undoing of AntiBlackness,” Journal of Interdisciplinary Voice Studies (forthcoming 2018).
“Dancing Silhouettes: The Mobile Freedom of iPod Commercials,” Oxford Handbook of Mobile Music Studies, Vol 2. Ed. Sumanth Gopinath and Jason Stanyek. New York: Oxford University Press, 2014: 311-36.
Co-editor, “Sounding Global Southernness,” special issue of Journal of Popular Music Studies 27:4 (2015). With Ali Colleen Neff.
Co-editor, Journal of Popular Music Studies 24:3 (2012). Print and Online. With Karen Tongson and Gustavus Stadler (editors-in-chief), Anthony Kwame Harrison (editorial collective), Eric Weisbard (editorial board).
Editor, IASPM-US website, June 2011 – May 2013.
- IASPM-US Interview Series (October 2011-May 2013)
- Co-editor with Elizabeth Lindau, Stop Making Sense: The Unintelligible in Popular Song (May 2013)
- Co-editor with Liana Silva (managing editor, Sounding Out!), Sonic Borders Virtual Panel (January-February 2013)
- The (Sometimes) Political Machinations of Popular Music (October-November 2012)
- The First Time I Ever Heard (September 2012)
“Erykah Badu,” Musicians and Composers of the Twentieth Century. Ed. Chris Moose. Pasadena: Salem Press, 2009.
“Chuck D,” Musicians and Composers of the Twentieth Century. Ed. Chris Moose. Pasadena: Salem Press, 2009.
“Justin D Burton, PhD,” Carried in Our Hearts: The Gift of Adoption: Inspiring Stories of Families Created Across Continents. Edited by Dr. Jane Aronson. New York: Penguin, 2013: 296-99.